Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jackpot Gallery


"New works by Mary Kenney"

825 E Center 
March 10, 2012
2-7 pm


"Ever since I was a child I have been noticing and trying to communicate how much 
beauty I see in the world around me, especially in nature. These paintings are a 
collection of work from the past two years. They are an attempt to understand my 
perception of myself, my family, my friends and my experiences. Images of young 
girls and brightly colored trees continue to surface. The extended time I spent 
on this work, taking month long breaks and even a year long break on one piece, 
reveals a perspective that is in transition. I’ve focused on the images that 
arise naturally from my reflection and in doing so found a space of continuous 
clarity within my spirit. "-Mary Kenney

No comments:

Post a Comment